Ghee is basically saturated fat prepared from milk. It is not only used for cooking but also has been used for religious purposes for many years now. Ghee has a high burning point as compared to any oil, therefore, is very good for cooking purposes. Ghee prepared at less temperature has a buttery taste while when prepared at above 120 degrees the flavour of ghee becomes much stronger.
This native Indian edible material is also very popular all around the world as a superfood, is an ingredient, that is very common in the Indian kitchen and also a prominent one. Good quality milk gives good quality ghee which contains vitamin E, D, A, and K. Ghee is not only good for weight gain but also increases strength. Research says that ghee contains Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) which is useful in improving immunity and controlling cholesterol. Ghee naturally does not contain any salt or sugar of its own and is lactose-free. This is why it is considered way better than regular butter. Ghee is clarified butter that was created to save butter from getting spoiled in hot weather. Ghee is also used in ayurvedic medicine and is known as ghrita. Ghee contains more fat as the butter loses all milk and water elements and is very good for gut health.
Advantages of ghee
- Consuming ghee regularly improves mental and physical health. This stimulates the digestive system helps in weight loss.
- Ghee helps in detoxifying the body and improves muscles health.
- Taking a good amount of ghee in your diet helps in improving eyesight as it keeps tendons healthy.
- It is essential gaining weight which is healthy and appropriate.
- Ghee does not get spoilt as it is without refrigeration as it has no water content.
- It is high in vitamin A, D, E, and K.
- Ghee contains good fats as compared to butter which is better for people with cholesterol. Ghee helps in reducing bad cholesterol.
- Ghee is essential for the body as the fats that it contains help in building cell membranes, preserve the nerve, skin, brain, and protecting the stomach.
- The ghee improves the taste of food.
- Ghee helps increasing increases enzymes that detoxify the body.
- Ghee antiviral and antibacterial that helps the body to fight illnesses.
- Ghee has antioxidants that are anti-aging and workes as an ingredient in anti-wrinkle therapy.
- Ghee is a dairy product but is lactose and casein free.
- Ghee is a great source of energy.
- It keeps the digestive system healthy improving digestion. Hence, keeping the overall health of the human body good.
- An appropriate quantity of Ghee in daily meals helps to lose weight.
- Ghee is known to be Anti-allergic properties which makes it an ingredient in medicines for arthritis, allergies, and autoimmune issues.
- Ghee is also good for pregnant ladies as it provides great sources of vitamins and helps in the smooth delivery of the baby.
Disadvantages of ghee
Eating more than the required amount and then gaining weight is probably the only disadvantage of ghee. As eating too much ghee one starts to store fat in the body, eating 2 to 3 spoons of ghee daily is good to maintain a healthy regime.
But lets look deeper, for any disadvantages that ghee can have :-
- Ghee has lots of fat
- contains fat and consuming too much means gaining too much weight. One should always eat ghee in moderation as being fat-rich is probably the only setback that ghee has.
- Not good for heart patients
- No fixed proof of this, but ghee is said to be unhealthy for heart patients as fats block the arteries and slow down the flow of blood slower further stressing the heart.
- Eating too much ghee can lead to diarrhea, making a person weak and nauseated.
- Ghee has Vitamin A but taking in a large amount of vitamin A will lead to loss of appetite, headache, and blockage of the respiratory tract as well as vomiting.
- Eating too much ghee can lead to culminating high level of saturated fat which leads to many diseases.
- Ghee should not be consumed while one has fatty liver, jaundice, and hepatitis.
- A pregnant woman should avoid ghee if she is going throw indigestion or cold.
Excess of anything is not good. Ghee has a lot of advantages and is extremely healthy and is called a SUPERFOOD but excessive eating can lead to many health issues as well.